Thomas P. Sterry, MD
1080 5th Avenue #1b
New York, NY 10128
Phone: (212) 249-4020
Monday & Thursday: 9 a.m.–7 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
If you’re from the New York area and have stubborn bulges in all the wrong places, you might want to consider body contouring plastic surgery at Dr. Sterry’s NYC office. Body contouring surgery refers to the type of operations that will help you look better at the beach and fit into your skinny jeans, but ironically, they will not typically help you to lose weight. There are many procedures available and some can be done with local anesthetic in the privacy of our office.
I counsel my patients, “A woman is supposed to have curves. You don’t want me to eliminate them altogether.” This is particularly true with body lift patients.
When weight loss alone just isn’t enough, Dr. Sterry provides a wide variety of body contouring procedures to help your improve your look, including:
- Liposuction: A minimally invasive procedure that suctions away excess fat under local anesthesia.
- Smartlipo™: Uses a small laser to melt fat before it is suctioned. The laser may also help to tighten loose skin.
- Tummy Tuck: Also known as abdominoplasty. Removes excess skin from your belly and tightens the muscles of your abdominal wall.
- Diastasis Recti Treatment: This condition, caused by a separation of the abdominal muscles, requires surgery for full repair. Luckily, it’s easier than you think with Dr. Sterry.
- Breast Lift: Can make sagging breasts more “perky”.
- Breast Augmentation: Breasts are enlarged by placing implants (silicone or saline) behind the breast gland or chest muscle.
- Arm Lift: Loose upper arm skin can be removed and tightened.
- Arm Liposuction: Unwanted fat on the upper arms can be especially frustrating because it’s often so hard to reduce. Arm liposuction with traditional methods or Smartlipo can help.
- Thigh Lift: Also known as thighplasty. Removes excess skin and tissue from the upper legs. There are separate procedures to lift the outer and inner thighs.
For those who have had weight loss surgery and want to remove loose skin, Dr. Sterry can help reshape any remaining imperfections through one of his specially designed body contouring procedures. New York patients, as well as those from out of town, – please see body contouring after weight loss for more information about these state of the art techniques to improve your body after bariatric surgery. Long Island, New Jersey and Connecticut patients, as well as patients from elsewhere in the country have found that the trip to Dr. Sterry’s office is worth their while. Dr. Sterry and his medical staff welcome anyone to come to their Manhattan offices for a consultation.